Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Helping Hand Food Bank in Bradford
We have listed a number of questions and answers below which we are asked on a regular basis to help inform clients, donors and sponsors. If your question is not addressed below please click here to contact us.
Q: How do I become a client?
A: Visit on one of the days that the food bank is open and ask to talk to a screener. A screening meeting will tell you if you are eligible.
Q: What do I need to bring to a screening meeting?
A: You will be required to bring:
- proof of income
- proof of expenses
Q: What proof of income do I need?
A: Proof of income would be any and all of the following that you receive:
- pay stub from your employer
- disability statement (ODSP)
- Ontario Works or E.I. statement
- Trillium benefit payment
- Child Tax Benefit
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP) or other pension statements
- Old Age Security (OAS) statements
- Child support payments
Q: What proof of expenses do I need?
A: Proof of expenses includes all of the following:
- rent receipts
- mortgage payment statements
- home or renter’s insurance
- utility bills – hydro, gas, water
- TV (cable or satellite), internet and phone bills (including cell phone)
- transportation costs (bus, taxi, etc.)
- car payments and car insurance
- grocery bills/receipts
- medical expenses not covered by OHIP or other health plans