Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Helping Hand Food Bank in Bradford

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) Helping Hand Food Bank in Bradford

We have listed a number of questions and answers below which we are asked on a regular basis to help inform clients, donors and sponsors.  If your question is not addressed below please click here to contact us.

Q: How do I become a client?
A: Visit on one of the days that the food bank is open and ask to talk to a screener.  A screening meeting will tell you if you are eligible.

Q: What do I need to bring to a screening meeting?
A: You will be required to bring:

  • identification
  • proof of income
  • proof of expenses

Q: What proof of income do I need?
A: Proof of income would be any and all of the following that you receive:

  • pay stub from your employer
  • disability statement (ODSP)
  • Ontario Works or E.I. statement
  • Trillium benefit payment
  • Child Tax Benefit
  • Canada Pension Plan (CPP) or other pension statements
  • Old Age Security (OAS) statements
  • Child support payments

Q: What proof of expenses do I need?
A: Proof of expenses includes all of the following:

  • rent receipts
  • mortgage payment statements
  • home or renter’s insurance
  • utility bills – hydro, gas, water
  • TV (cable or satellite), internet and phone bills (including cell phone)
  • transportation costs (bus, taxi, etc.)
  • car payments and car insurance
  • grocery bills/receipts
  • medical expenses not covered by OHIP or other health plans

Contact the Bradford Food Bank by clicking here.

Comments are closed