Information For Bradford Food Bank Clients:
Potential clients go through a screening process to determine if they are eligible for assistance. Then, they receive an allocation of points to use to shop throughout the month. Please note that shopping occurs on a once-a-week basis throughout the month.
Q: How do I become a client?
A: Visit on one of the days that the food bank is open and ask to talk to a screener. A screening meeting will tell you if you are eligible.
Q: What do I need to bring to a screening meeting?
A: You will be required to bring:
- proof of income
- proof of expenses
Q: What proof of income do I need?
A: Proof of income would be any and all of the following that you receive:
- pay stub from your employer
- disability statement (ODSP)
- Ontario Works or E.I. statement
- Trillium benefit payment
- Child Tax Benefit
- Canada Pension Plan (CPP) or other pension statements
- Old Age Security (OAS) statements
- Child support payments
Q: What proof of expenses do I need?
A: Proof of expenses includes all of the following:
- rent receipts
- mortgage payment statements
- home or renter�s insurance
- utility bills – hydro, gas, water
- TV (cable or satellite), internet and phone bills (including cell phone)
- transportation costs (bus, taxi, etc.)
- car payments and car insurance
- grocery bills/receipts
- medical expenses not covered by OHIP or other health plans
If you are a new client, please note that you will not be turned away if you are unable to provide all of the above documents. We will do our very best to help everyone in need.
Contact the Bradford Food Bank by clicking here.